We are seeking an IT professional who will be responsible for the operations and management of customer servers. The person will provide technical support to customers and internal employees – conducting scheduled tasks: platform backups, patching, change and maintenance of managed platforms.
Your role will be to work closely with all support and provisioning teams within Pulsant to ensure efficient, productive and high-quality System Administration support to customers with an emphasis on but not exclusively to:
- Customer Backups
- Customer software license management and reporting
- Customer Server Patching
- Customer Anti-Virus deployment
- Ensure the team adheres to its commercial responsibilities in managing and maintaining LIVE service platforms with respect to backup and platform patching.
- Ensure identified process and procedure are adhered to, reported upon, resolved and/or escalated.
- Develop new process and procedural implementation plans, customise scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Mentor systems administration team and technical staff in use and application.
- Co-operate and work closely with the wider team within Support to ensure efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Escalate and liaise with vendors, suppliers or partners as necessary.
- Responsible for proactive updating of customer and resolution to process monitoring alerts, to completion.
- Follow escalation processes; tickets to support management and other respective teams as required.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved within defined SLA’s and OLA’s.
Skills & Experience
To apply, you will be a solutions driven individual with the following:
- Vast amount of experience of System Administration
- Experience of configuring and using backups in shared infrastructure environments (Cloud hosting ideally)
- Experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting backup and restore problems
- Experience with applying server patching & anti-virus deployment
- Fluent written and spoken English
Knowledge of a combination of the following products would be an advantage: Asigra, Veeam, CommVault, CDP, ESET anti-virus deployment
In addition to the opportunity to work as part of a fantastic team in the rapidly growing business of Cloud Computing – we offer outstanding career development and a competitive salary.